Degrees in Homeland Security
If you’re passionate about protecting our nation from threats at home and abroad, a degree in homeland security will prepare you for a variety of roles in this challenging and rewarding field. Homeland security helps ensure the safety and wellbeing of our citizens from terrorism and other hazards. And thankfully, many schools now offer degree programs in this field to prepare graduates to fill many important positions.
My Degree and What It’s Good For
Your degree will serve you well in variety of positions. Some schools allow you to choose an area of specialization, such as administration, accounting, cybersecurity, the legal arena, or public policy. It’s up to you and what niche you’re most passionate about. You might also consider jobs with the FBI, police force, and various other government agencies. But first, you need to decide what level of education you wish to pursue:
- Bachelor of Arts in Homeland Security
- Undergraduate Certificate in Homeland Security
- Graduate Certificate in Homeland Security
- Master of Arts in Homeland Security
My Earning Potential
How much money can you earn with a degree in this field? That all depends on where you live, your level of education, and your area of specialization. Keep in mind that many positions in this field require you to secure our borders, airports and waterways as well as respond to natural disasters and terrorist acts. The right training and education will be required in order to qualify for these positions.
Online Bachelor Homeland Security Programs
- American InterContinental University: BS in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security and Crisis Management
- Ashford University: BA in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Ashford University: BA in Social and Criminal Justice – Homeland Security
- Colorado Technical University: BSCJ – Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Kaplan University: BS in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security
Online Master Homeland Security Programs
- Eastern Kentucky University: MS in Safety, Security & Emergency Management – Concentration in Homeland Security
- Kaplan University: MS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
- Northcentral University: MBA in Homeland Security
- Saint Joseph’s University: MS in Criminal Justice – Homeland Security
Online Doctorate/Graduate Cert Homeland Security Programs
- Northcentral University: PhD in Business Administration – Homeland Security: Leadership and Policy
- Northcentral University: DBA in Homeland Security Leadership & Policy
Top Online Fire Science Degrees
|BS: Fire ScienceAAS: Fire ScienceMPA: Fire and Emergency ServicesBS: Fire and Emg Management||
Kaplan University -- Kaplan University offers a wide array of programs in Fire Science, including an AAS and BS in Fire Science, a BS in Fire and Emergency Management, and an MPA in Fire and Emergency Services. Kaplan was founded in 1937, originally as the American Institute of Commerce and serves over 53,000 students today.
|MS: Emg MgmtMS: Emg Mgmt - Public Mgmt and LeadershipMS: Emg Mgmt - Terrorism and Emg MgmtMPA: Emg Mgmt||
Walden University -- Walden University has several graduate programs in Emergency Management like the Emergency Management general track or specializations in public management and leadership or terrorism and emergency management. Walden is one of the nation's first entirely online schools, founded in 1970 and based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
|MSL: Disaster Preparedness & Executive Fire Leadership||
Grand Canyon University -- Grand Canyon University offers an online program for the MS in Leadership with a specialization in Disaster Preparedness and Executive Fire Leadership which is designed for working professionals wanting to take their careers into the next level. GCU is one of the nation's largest Christian schools and was founded in 1949 out of Phoenix, Arizona.
|MS: Safety, Security, and Emergency Management - Fire & Emergency ServicesMS: Safety, Security, and Emergency Management||
Eastern Kentucky University -- Eastern Kentucky University has both undergraduate and graduate programs for Fire Science. These include the BS in Fire Protection Administration and the MS in Emergency Management of Fire and Emergency Services. The school was founded in 1903 in Richmond, Kentucky by the Kentucky General Assembly and now serves over 16,000 students.
Find Your Fire Science Degree
Fill out this brief form to find your degree today!